Safety in Numbers
Compare your pharmacy to AIS™ and you will quickly see how our numbers reduce risk for both the hospital and the patient.
Intrathecal compounding is defined as high risk compounding by the United States Pharmacopeia. When doing anything defined as high risk, you must do everything in your power to lessen the risk and keep patients safe. At AIS™, whether we are compounding, cleaning, testing, training or hiring, we believe there is Safety in Numbers.
We know our numbers. Does your pharmacy know theirs?
- AIS cleans our 1,300 square foot, ISO certified, USP <797> compliant cleanroom 3 times a day.
- AIS performs surface and air testing in the cleanroom at 50 different points (30 surface, 20 air), more than 50 times a year.
- AIS uses an independent provider to test and certify our cleanroom 4 times a year.
- AIS has a Facility Management System that monitors our cleanroom 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- AIS uses pharmacists 100% of the time for compounding; we have 25 pharmacists on staff with more than 400 years of combined experience.
- AIS uses a 0.22 micron sterilizing grade filter on each intrathecal syringe produced.
- AIS performs a filter integrity test on 100% of these filters. More than 100,000+ filters are used by AIS every year.
- AIS sends 100% of our stock solutions out to an independent FDA registered lab to test for sterility, potency, pH and endotoxins.
- AIS can dispense to patients in the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- AIS serves 20,000+ patients annually.
- 1,000+ physician practices and hospitals rely on AIS for Intrathecal PainCare™ prescriptions.
- The AIS custom steam autoclave terminally sterilizes 200 syringes per cycle.
- The probability of a non-sterile syringe following Terminal Sterilization is 10-6.
- The AIS Terminal Sterilization process delivers a Sterility Assurance Level of 1 in 1,000,000.
Learn more about the AIS™ Terminal Sterilization Initiative
Enter your user identification and password to access site.
As a trusted partner, AIS™ is "Leading the Way in Intrathecal PainCare™" by providing patient-specific intrathecal medications in support of hospitals and providers and their patients with implanted pumps.
- Specialized training, facilities and equipment
- Focused expertise
- Pharmacist-only compounding
- Commitment to "Patient Safety. First!™"
This is how AIS consistently delivers high quality products that reduce risk and liability for both hospitals and patients.